Haggard Nelson Childcare Resources (HNCR) endeavors to provide developmentally appropriate early childhood education and quality childcare. We believe that children who are introduced at an early age to an environment that promotes respect for diversity, independence of thought and cognitive development, along with an interactive relationship with the natural outdoor environment develop a lifelong appreciation and sense of responsibility for the greater world and its citizens.
HNCR administers seven childcare centers, all located within the city of Seattle, Washington. All our programs are NAEYC accredited or in process of accreditation. The programs differ from center to center; we encourage you to visit the website of each center to learn more about its focus and target audience.
- Pacific First Montessori - a childcare center located in the City Center building in downtown Seattle.
- The Child Care Center at 70th and Sandpoint - a center serving the families of Seattle Children's employees.
- Minor Avenue Children's House - a childcare center located in the Cascade neighborhood just east of downtown Seattle.
- University of Washington Children's Centers - three centers serving families of University of Washington students, faculty and staff:
(Click here for the waitlist form for the three University of Washington centers or contact the waitlist coordinator at 206.523.3936 or to email the waitlist coordinator.
For more information call 206.987.4700
HNCR also offers consulting services in a variety of areas including:
- Childcare site planning and design
- Employer-sponsored childcare
- NAEYC accrediation preparation
- Training in classroom management, site management, staff hiring, and program development