The University of Washington Children's Center at Radford Court
The University of Washington Children's Center at Radford Court was rebuilt and expanded in 2001. The program now includes two beautiful buildings and a newly constructed playground. The upper building is designed specifically for infants and toddlers while the lower buildin hosts two preschool classrooms and a second toddler room. Radford Court is a Montessori based early childhood program and is licensed for 79 children. The on-site Program Director is Nicole Siciliano.
7:00am to 6:00pm
Monday through Friday
Ages of Children
Three months to five years
Tuition may be paid quarterly or in twelve equal payments due at the beginning of each month. The first month's tuition is due when an enrollment contract is submitted.
Infants (ages 3m to 18m) - 1:3
Toddlers (ages 16m to 3y) - 1:5
Preschoolers (ages 2½y to 5y) - 1:10
A year-round program with the exception of legal holidays, three in-service days and two one-week closures at the end of August and December.
Two healthy snacks, a hot lunch and afternoon tea are provided each day to toddlers and preschoolers. Parents provide infant food and formula, and special dietary needs. Family style hot lunches are prepared by an on-site cook.
Parents provide cloth or disposable diapers.
Radford Court is a part of the Haggard Nelson, University of Washington Childcare system which gives priority to those families affiliated with the University. Siblings of enrolled children have priority; when spaces are available, enrollment in Radford Court is determined according to the following priorities:
- University of Washington students living in family housing
- University of Washington full-time students
- University of Washington faculty and staff
how to begin the enrollment process
1. Visit the University of Washington website and read about the child care programs available to students, staff and faculty.
2. Complete a waitlist application and send it to the Haggard Nelson Administrative Office. A fee of $25.00 per family must accompany your application in order to be placed on the waitlist. Returning the waitlist application and fee to Haggard Nelson will put you on the master waitlist for all three University of Washington centers.
3. As space becomes available, you will be contacted to schedule a tour with the director of the program. Please keep in mind the length of time your name is on the waitlist is dependent on the time of year and the age of your child.
4. Once you have been contacted and toured the center, you need to decide to enroll or not. If you have any questions about the process, please contact the waitlist coordinator at 206-523-3936
For more information about the University of Washington Children's Center at Radford Court contact Nicole Siciliano at 206.543.3737 or Haggard Nelson Childcare Resources at 206.523.1391.
The University of Washington Children's Center at Radford Court admission and hiring policies do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, national origin, marital status, physical differences or sexual orientation.