The University of Washington Children's Center at Radford Court
The University of Washington Children's Center at Radford Court was rebuilt and expanded in 2001. The program now includes two beautiful buildings and a newly constructed playground. The upper building is designed specifically for infants and toddlers while the lower building hosts two preschool classrooms and a second toddler room. Radford Court is a Montessori based early childhood program and is licensed for 79 children. The on-site Program Director is Lisa Lukas.
7:00am to 6:00pm
Monday through Friday
Ages of Children
Three months to five years
Tuition is paid in twelve equal payments due at the beginning of each month. The first month's tuition is due when an enrollment contract is submitted.
A year-round program with the exception of legal holidays, three in-service days and two one-week closures at the end of August and December.
Two healthy snacks, a hot lunch and afternoon tea are provided each day to toddlers and preschoolers. Parents provide infant food and formula, and special dietary needs. Family style hot lunches are prepared by an on-site cook.
Parents provide cloth or disposable diapers.
Radford Court is a part of the Haggard Childcare Resources (HCR) University of Washington Childcare system which gives priority to those families affiliated with the University. Siblings of enrolled children have priority; when spaces are available, enrollment in Radford Court is determined according to the following priorities:
- University of Washington students living in family housing
- University of Washington full-time students
- University of Washington faculty and staff
how to begin the enrollment process
1. Visit the University of Washington website and read about the child care programs available to students, staff and faculty.
2. Complete a waitpool application and send it to the HCR Administrative Office. A fee of $25.00 per family must accompany your application in order to be placed on the waitpool. Returning the waitpool application and fee to HCR will put you on the master waitpool for all three University of Washington centers.
3. As space becomes available, you will be contacted to schedule a tour with the director of the program. Please keep in mind the length of time your name is on the waitpool is dependent on the time of year and the age of your child.
4. Once you have been contacted and toured the center, you need to decide to enroll or not. If you have any questions about the process, please contact the waitpool coordinator at 206-523-3936
The University of Washington Children's Center at Radford Court is located at 6311 65th Ave NE
For more information please contact: Lisa Lukas at 206.543.3737.
The University of Washington Children's Center at Radford Court admission and hiring policies do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, national origin, marital status, physical differences or sexual orientation.