The University of Washington Children's Center at West Campus
Under the sponsorship of the University of Washington, the University of Washington Children's Center at West Campus was built in 1996 to serve the children of University of Washington staff and faculty. The center includes an infant room, toddler class and two preschool classes. West Campus is a Montessori-based early childhood program and is licensed for 54 children. The on-site Program Director is Shawna Taylor.
7:00am to 6:00pm
Monday through Friday
Ages of Children
Three months to five years
Full days / Monday-Friday
Tuition may be paid quarterly or in twelve equal payments due at the beginning of each month. The first month's tuition is due when an enrollment contract is submitted. Click here to view our current tuition rates.
Infants (ages 3m to 18m) - 1:3
Toddlers (ages 16m to 3y) - 1:5
Preschoolers (ages 2½y to 5y) - 1:10
A year-round program with the exception of legal holidays, three in-service days and two one-week closures at the end of August and December. Click here to view the current calendar.
Two healthy snacks and afternoon tea are provided each day to toddlers and preschoolers. Parents provide lunches, infant food and formula, and special dietary needs. Hot lunch is available for a fee year round.
Fare Start caters our hot lunch program.
Parents provide cloth or disposable diapers.
West Campus is a part of the Haggard Nelson, University of Washington Childcare system which gives priority to those families affiliated with the University. Siblings of enrolled children have priority; when spaces are available, enrollment in West Campus is determined according to the following priorities:
- Permanent U.W. staff and faculty at 50% fte or greater
- All other U.W. employees (part time, hourly, instructors, affiliates)
- U.W. students
- State employees of other agencies
how to begin the enrollment process
1. Visit the University of Washington website and read about the child care programs available to students, staff and faculty.
2. Complete a waitpool application and send it to the Haggard Nelson Administrative Office. A fee of $25.00 per family must accompany your application in order to be placed on the waitpool. Returning the waitpool application and fee to Haggard Nelson will put you on the master waitpool for all three University of Washington centers.
3. As space becomes available, you will be contacted to schedule a tour with the director of the program. Please keep in mind the length of time your name is on the waitpool is dependent on the time of year and the age of your child.
4. Once you have been contacted and toured the center, you need to decide to enroll or not. If you have any questions about the process, please contact the waitpoolcoordinator at 206-523-3936
For more information about the University of Washington Children's Center at West Campus contact Shawna Taylor at 206.548.9850.