The University of Washington Children's Centers at Laurel Village
The University of Washington Children's Center at Laurel Village was originally founded as a parent co-op in 1976 and since 1992 has been a HCNR school. The program offers an innovative early care and education program that blends Montessori, RIE, Emergent Curriculum and High Scope. Laurel Village has one infant room, one toddler room and two preschool classrooms. The center is located in Laurel Village U.W. Family Housing and is licensed for 60 children. The on-site Interim Program Director is Megan Blom.
7:00am to 6:00pm
Monday through Friday
Ages of Children
Three months to five years
Full days / Monday-Friday
Tuition may be paid quarterly or in twelve equal payments due at the beginning of each month. The first month's tuition is due when an enrollment contract is submitted.
Infants (ages 3m to 18m) - 1:3
Toddlers (ages 16m to 3y) - 1:5
Preschoolers (ages 2½y to 5y) - 1:10
A year-round program with the exception of legal holidays, three in-service days and two one-week closures at the end of August and December.
Two healthy snacks and afternoon tea are provided each day to toddlers and preschoolers. Parents provide infant food and formula, and special dietary needs. Lunches are catered by Fare Start.
Parents provide cloth or disposable diapers.
Laurel village is a part of the Haggard Nelson, University of Washington Childcare System which enrolls families affiliated with the UW. Enrollment in Laurel Village is determined according to the following priorities:
- University of Washington students living in family housing
- University of Washington full-time students
- University of Washington faculty and staff
- Siblings of enrolled students have enrollment priority
Because of the outstanding reputation of all the Haggard Nelson Childcare Centers, you may find that there is not an immediate space for your child at Laurel Village. We encourage you to follow these steps to be placed on our waiting list:
How to begin the enrollment process
1. Visit the University of Washington website and read about the child care programs available to students, staff and faculty.
2. Complete a waitlist application and send it to the Haggard Nelson Administrative Office. A fee of $25.00 per family must accompany your application in order to be placed on the waitlist. Returning the waitlist application and fee to Haggard Nelson will put you on the master waitlist for all three University of Washington centers.
3. As space becomes available, you will be contacted to schedule a tour with the director of the program. Please keep in mind the length of time your name is on the waitlist is dependent on the time of year and the age of your child.
4. Once you have been contacted and toured the center, you are asked to decide to enroll or not. If you have any questions about the process, please contact the HCNR waitlist coordinator at 206-523-3936
For more information about the University of Washington Children's Center at Laurel Village contact Megan Blom at 206.525-5122.
The University of Washington Children's Center at Laurel Village admission and hiring policies do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, national origin, marital status, physical differences or sexual orientation.